The Airport & Aviation Expert (m/f/d) is responsible for liaising with airport and aviation authorities and supporting them in the planning and delivery of the airport operational event plans, inclusive of airside, landside and terminal operations functions.
Starting date: 01.01.2022 (or earlier)
LIST OF RELEVANT TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing strategy and policy that will support arrival and departures of UEFA EURO 2024 spectators, teams and client groups.
- Coordinating numerous public authorities and private stakeholders involved in the field of aviation – to be the main point of contact for airport authorities and aviation stakeholders.
- Supporting the development and implementation of dedicated airport operational policies and procedures.
- Leading dedicated working groups with airport authorities, air traffic control units, airline representatives, etc.
- Driving and supporting the Airport Operational Concept planning, implementation and delivery.
- Coordinating team related flight operations and procedures.
- Ensuring dedicated slot coordination and air navigation rules are implemented to support efficient airport operations.
- Allowing for resources and installations to be made available at airports for UEFA specific operations.
- Coordinating with other EURO 2024 GmbH units
- Monitoring the project progress up to the tournament and reviewing the technical aspects of the airport plans and escalating issues to the relevant stakeholders
- Conducting any visits and coordinating preparation and follow-up activities, as required.
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date the project tracker.
- Providing regular updates on project progress and risk assessments.
- Overseeing the airport project in line with EURO 2024 GmbH’s milestones.
- Following up on project planning and ensuring correct reporting.
- Liaising with immigration and custom authorities to facilitate the arrival and departure procedures.
- Ensuring Event related signage is implemented at UEFA EURO 2024 official airports.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Project Management
- 5-8 years experience in airport operations
- Experience in major sports events
- Good knowledge in dealing with airport stakeholders, aviation system planning and airspace control operations,
- Airport operations and passenger services, passenger terminal planning and design
SET OF SKILLS
- Project management
- German (mother tongue)
- English (proficient)
- Any other language an asset
- Computer-literate: Office 365 (esp. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong Human Resources skills
In 2024, Germany will host the 17th edition of the UEFA European Football Championship. Staging the biggest European sports event provides a unique opportunity for UEFA and DFB to jointly organise a celebration of the best of European Football, on the basis of excellence, sustainability, and passion. This flagship championship aspires to be a role model for other UEFA competitions, as well as leaving strong legacy for the future of European football. EURO 2024 GmbH, joint venture organisation between UEFA Events SA and DFB EURO GmbH, is responsible for the operational planning and implementation of the tournament.
The EURO 2024 GmbH values diversity and strives to be inclusive in everything we do . We aim for everyone to have equal access to our organisation regardless of sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, nationality or any other personal trait. If you have any particular requirements in respect to the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your covering letter so that we can ensure adaptions are made when there are barriers identified.
Apply for this position: https://euro2024.jobs.personio.de/job/458201?_pc=500706#apply
EURO 2024 GmbH
60528 Frankfurt am Main