The International Biathlon Union (IBU) is recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), as the international governing body for the Olympic sport of biathlon. Headquartered in Anif bei Salzburg, the IBU is a non-profit organisation registered in Austria that regulates the sport and oversees the competion organisation world-wide. In cooperation with its 59 member national federations, the IBU uses competitions, events, programmes and other activities to promote and develop participation in Biathlon throughout the world. For more information, please visit www.biathlonworld.com.
Digital Projects Manager (DPM)
Location: Anif bei Salzburg, Austria
Reports to: Communication Director (CD)
Start date: As soon as possible
Position status: Full time
Estimated duration: Unlimited
As the international governing body for biathlon, the International Biathlon Union (IBU) must both communicate effectively with all its existing stakeholders and fully connect the sport with new, international, relatively untapped markets and audiences. To remain ahead of the curve in the increasingly digital world, the IBU’s strategic plan, Target 26, mandates the implementation of an innovative digital and social media strategy, upgrading of the IBU website, and development of a centrally-owned IBU mobile application by 2022. In November 2021, the IBU launches a MVP (minimum viable product) version this new website and the first-ever official IBU App. The role of Digital Projects Manager is to lead and manage the development of these platforms beyond the MVP launch, to manage the integration of biathlon stakeholders onto the platforms and manage digital transformation projects internally (member center) and externally (gamification, gaming) together with IBU’s partners.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage continued implementation of the IBU’s digital and social strategy
- Define the product vision and roadmap for digital channels, anticipating external and internal user needs; oversee development stages; and evaluate product fit at each iteration
- Oversee the digital customer experience and its development, based on data and analytics
- Develop and manage e-commerce functions, fan engagement and onboarding new fans
- As the first IBU point of contact, manage the technical implementation partner(s) for the digital channels, primarily the website and application
- Manage the product backlog and prioritize needs for the digital channels with the chosen project partner(s) based on detailed roadmap
- Liaise with IBU stakeholders on a continual basis
- Provide regular monitoring, measurement and reporting to IBU management, the Digital Steering Group and the Executive Board
Knowledge, experience and skills
The successful candidate must be fluent in English (oral and written); German language skills are an advantage.
The candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Must be legally allowed to work in the EU
- Have 5+ years of relevant online service provision experience, both strategic and hands-on
- Have 3+ years of experience with an agile project management approach; preferably be a certified Product Owner
- Have a strong background in digital marketing with a proven track record of continuous optimization and rolling out digital platforms and solid understanding of current digital trends and best practices
- Be an excellent Project Manager that can plan 2-3 steps ahead of the team with demonstrated experience in developing project plans, process diagrams, use cases, functional and technical requirements, including risk management
- Have strong analytical skills (advanced user of Google Analytics and related tools)
- Be a team player and possess strong problem solving skills; be detail-oriented, creative, practical
- Have a solid academic background to Bachelor’s degree level; Master’s level preferred.
- Have strong organisational skills and the ability to manage a variable workload, following strict deadlines and sometimes working outside of traditional business hours.
- Demonstrate an ability to work with complex requirements and tasks.
- Have experience in managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve desired results.
- Possess excellent presentation and formatting skills.
- Have high proficiency of technical skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint, and a suitable project management software product.
- Be able to work independently with minimal guidance.
Terms and conditions
Full terms and conditions will be set out in a contract however the key features are as follows:
A gross monthly salary that is orientated on the Austrian Collective Agreement for Trade (Österreichischer Kollektivvertrag für Handel), paid 14 times per year. The actual salary will reflect the successful candidate´s qualifications and work experience. As agreed, based on experience and skills. Relocation assistance provided, if necessary.
Application to include: Cover letter and CV
Travel: Travel may be required on occasion
Working location: IBU headquarters in Anif near Salzburg, home office rules apply
Working hours: 38.5 hours/week
Notice period: One month after a trial period
To apply: Please submit your application to Christian Winkler, Communications Director at Christian.Winkler@ibu.at by 30 July 2021.
International Biathlon Union
5081 Anif b. Salzburg