Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Manager, DACH Retail Marketing plays an important marketing role responsible for ensuring integrated marketing delivery for our Strategic and Key Accounts. Your role includes developing and delivering account specific trade marketing strategies that align with brand and sales objectives. Central to the role is strong partnership with the Marketing Manager DACH to align with the overall DACH strategy. Your key stakeholders are retailers, Key Account Managers, Sales Manager DACH as well as the EMEA Marketing Team.
You develop and monitor the retail marketing plans and support the Marketing Manager, DACH in budget and strategy planning. You lead and effectively manage the Retail and Events Team to ensure seamless execution of all POS marketing executions against the objective of sell-through and brand visibility at POS.
- Contribute to the development of the retail marketing strategy lead execution of Retail Marketing activities across DACH
- Develop, plan, present and activate Retail Marketing plans for retailer segments (strategic accounts) based on the seasonal demand and sales plans for DACH based on EMEA directives
- Ensure consistent and continuous visibility of the Brooks brand and products at POS (brick & mortar, online, social, PR, retail events) as well as continuous marketing support of Sales and Tech Reps to drive sell-through
- Ensure customer experience, assets, and programs meet campaign strategy and objectives, reflect brand principles and guidelines and are executed on time and within budget
- Grow brand awareness by securing permanent space in (new) stores as well as online brand pages or third-party websites
- Own the Retail Marketing calendar and ensure all initiatives are aligned to the product pipeline across Wholesale and eComm and integrated with the broader EMEA Marketing team
- Identify and initiate new ideas to attract, engage and connect with new target groups and customer activations
- Identify new possibilities to ensure friction-less commerce with an Omni-channel approach
- Instill an integrated approach on campaign execution ensuring that all possible touchpoints portray consistent messaging
- Plan and monitor all retail account marketing budgets under the direction of the Marketing Manager
- Communicate seasonal program progress including changes, updates, feedback from retailers, sales data from promotions and consumer engagement as applicable.
- Monitor conversations and campaigns across competitor groups and provide insights into competitive landscape
- Build a strong relationship with retailers with a focus on Strategic accounts (Key Accounts and Buying Groups)
- Work closely with Sales Manager, Key Account Managers, Tech Rep Manager, Sales Reps, Tech Reps and Retail & Events Team on POS retail marketing support, digital retail activations and seasonal launch plans
- Liaise with the EMEA team to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met on time and all DACH requirements are part of the EMEA strategy and planning
- Manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
- Lead the Retail & Events Marketing team in all POS Retail Marketing executions against the objectives of sell-through, clicks and brand visibility
- Travel to account meetings and tradeshows for retail marketing presentations and other commitments
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business/marketing) or apprenticeship in trade
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant sales and/or marketing experience (brand, footwear, retail & lifestyle experience, digital experience)
- A minimum of 1-year experience in managing a team
- Fluency in German (absolute must), advance level in English, other European language skills are a plus (French, Italian, Dutch and/or Spanish)
- Must have a good understanding of the retail environment and premium brand positioning
- Advanced experience in B2B & B2C Marketing & Communications at country and/ or international level
- Must have proven experience in cross-functional projects across Sales and Customer Service
- Excellent organizational and management skills: ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution. Readiness to step in, to get the job done when needed (hands on mentality);
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
- Strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial mindset and pro-active approach
- Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions;
- Drive & energetic, trend-conscious; sport-savvy
- Strong networking and communication skills; keeping in line with the voice and personality of Brooks
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Flexibility to work on own initiative or within team and cross-functional framework;
- Travel of 25% required with at least one trip per season to all Key Accounts and Buying groups as well as their events and exhibitions
- Strong passion for the running enthusiast and practicing an active lifestyle;
- Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values
- Permanent contract
- 25 working days of holiday leave per year
- Company car, mobile phone and laptop, according to our company policy
- Discount on Brooks products
- Fantastic work location – but we currently work from home
- Bonus and merit potential
- The opportunity to be part of a great team
Please submit your CV and motivation in English
Apply for this job: Brooks Running – Manager, DACH Retail Marketing | Münster (lever.co)
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.