Our partners Nike Deutschland GmbH are looking for a Consumer Direct Marketing Member Experience and Event Lead (ETW), based in Berlin, ideally as of 01.07.2022.
Based in Berlin you will be part of the Berlin key city marketing team. This team will be accountable for:
- Humanising our brand through relationships on the ground with key communities, athletes, and athletes* that move our world forward through movement
- Engaging members 365 with focus on activity (movement), connections (relationships), and purpose – optimising key membership KPIs and bringing the magic of Nike to life on the ground for the members who love us the most
- Owning targeted brand extensions that amplify our brand narrative
What will you work on?
As Berlin CDM Member Experience and Event Lead (ETW) you will be a part of the Berlin Consumer Direct Marketing function, reporting to the Berlin Consumer Direct Marketing Marketplace Director. In this role you will execute our event-strategy to grow, acquire and retain members in the city. You core duties will include:
- Be the Berlin center of excellence connecting on-and offline member engagement being responsible for the physical executions of Nike events across the city
- Develop and build the event calendar of the 365 Nike O2O playground program and execute Nike events in close collaboration with the CDM and wider brand team
- Plan and lead the executions of Nike events at our stores, offices, external and partner locations incl. partner and agency management and budget responsibility
- Collect performance analytics learning to support teardown sessions to evaluate the performance of key activations to inform the broader marketing team and further refine our strategy
- Collaborating with the Berlin Brand Creative team to optimize content production (NTC Live) and to execute according to creative guidelines to best reach our target consumer based on objectives of reach, engagement and acquisition into our membership ecosystem
- Compile event insights about our target consumer in close collaboration with Cohort and Member lifecycle to drive synergies in analytics and to connect offline with online membership behavior and data.
- Go to person for EMEA in all O2O event related questions including best practice sharing with the EMEA Integrated Marketplace and Membership Activity team evolving the EMEA strategy.
Who will you work with?
In this role you will work fluidly across the full city marketing team, aligning priorities, roles & responsibilities for all different types of events with the Berlin CDM Marketplace Director. You will especially work closely with the Berlin CDM team (Marketplace, Member & Corhort and Operations), the Agile Brand team in this role, and also with the EMEA Activity App Team. The shape of your day-to-day work will vary, and therefore your style and influence will have to adapt accordingly. You therefore must be collaborative, intuitive, and maximise the effectiveness of individual as well as collective thinking. You must be open to the opinions and expertise of those you engage with in order to apply coherent strategy and thinking that leads to new opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented marketeer and event specialist with a passion for movement, a curiosity for our young consumer, and a strong desire to better connect with them. A marketeer with an unrelenting desire to test & learn how best to reach youth across the city, with an openness & proactive drive to acquire, serve and retain them. A talented individual who embodies the values that our company holds dear. And of course, an individual willing to adapt on the fly, all while maintaining a positive growth mindset.
What you bring to Nike?
A successful candidate will be expected to clearly demonstrate and articulate experience of the below essential requirements in order to be considered. Candidates that meet these criteria will then be assessed based on the competencies also outlined below.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Event Specialist, or working in Integrated Consumer Marketing, executing sport activity event experience is a plus.
- A proven track record of connecting with our consumer through insight gathering and support in execution of marketing campaigns
- A solid knowledge of event planning, management and execution
- Experience in leading partner and agency collaboration and project budgeting
- Experience in integrated O2O strategy and activities
- A desire & willingness to adapt in an agile fashion to our consumers’ and organisation’s needs to deepen our relationships with members
- Preferably prior marketing experience in Berlin/Germany and a demonstrable understanding of the consumer, the city and Nike’s position within
- Fluency in English
Leadership Defined Key Competencies:
- Instills Trust: Is honest and straightforward when dealing with others and honours commitments, even when working through conflicting priorities
- Fosters Effective Teamwork: Participates in constructive dialogue with the team, ensuring multiple perspectives are considered
- Ensures Accountability: Takes ownership of work and monitors progress of performance, changing approach when needed
- Thinks Strategically: Identifies which efforts will have the greatest strategic impact on the organisation balances strategic concerns with day-to-day activities
Core Functional Competencies:
- Modern Consumerist – Ensure our consumers are at the forefront of everything we do in the city
- Brand Management – Timely and effective delivery of Marketing Plans through extensive cross-functional collaboration
- Digital Mindset – Leverage an understanding of integrated media & digital marketing and a desire to continuously test & learn to drive member KPI’s, brand and business growth.
- Direct Marketing knowledge/experience is advantageous.
- If you´re interested in this position, please send your CV, certificates (if any available) and a motivation letter to email@example.com
More information: https://bit.ly/NIke_EventLead