The Development Project Assistant will be responsible for the IBU Academy´s and other development projects at an operational level, including IBU Education, Research activities, and Regional Events. The Project Assistant will be supervised by the Development Director and supported by colleagues from within the departments.
The Project Assistant must ensure that the IBU Academy performs to the highest possible standards and operates in strict compliance with all relevant requirements.
Requirements for the role
He/she must be enthusiastic for sports organization/management, planning, education, and research.
This role includes specifically:
- Support the IBU Development Department regarding planning, coordination, and communication activities of various development projects.
- Support the IBU Development Department with reaching the IBU Academy´s goals in regards of Education and Research.
- Support the Education Manager and Education Coordinator with running and coordinating education activities like courses, seminars, workshops, and other forms of education.
- Support the Development Department with the daily communication with experts, reference and working groups.
- Ensure a well-organized management and communication process with lecturers, experts, and learners within the educational activities.
- Support the organization, management, and communication process of IBU research activities.
- Support the Education Coordinator with publishing learning materials and information about education and research activities.
- Support the Development Department with activities in terms of public relations, including website administration, brochures, graphics, videos, and other materials.
- Team-oriented and capable of motivating people to work for a common goal in a positive environment.
- Effective and open in communicating with others across multi-cultural boundaries.
- Commitment to the role and strong work ethic.
- Be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Be able to develop their skills and seek advice from a variety of sources.
- have an understanding of biathlon educational targets and social requirements
- have experience in planning & coordinating projects
He/she needs to present:
- A minimum of two years of job experience in sport.
- Experience in a team-oriented workplace.
- Knowledge of the functions, operation, and mission of the IBU.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- A command of German/Russian is an asset but not required.
Location of the role
Full/time job. The salary depends on competence and experience and can be negotiated.
Selection process and vetting procedure
The Development Director and Education Manager are responsible for appointing the IBU Project Assistant Development. The selection process will include one or more interviews, to be held in person and/or remotely at a time to be specified.
To be selected for the role, a candidate must be ‘Eligible’, as defined in Article 26.2 of the IBU Constitution. The Vetting Panel will determine whether the candidates are ‘Eligible’ following a vetting process (as set out in Article 27 of the IBU Constitution and the Vetting Rules). Candidates (if selected) will be required to submit a duly completed ‘Vetting Disclosure Form’ for this purpose. The IBU Constitution, Integrity Code, BIU Rules, and Vetting Rules are available at https://www.biathlonworld.com/downloads/
How to apply
Applications must be sent to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 31 of January 2023 and must include the following information/documents:
- A cover letter in which the candidate explains why he/she has applied for this particular position.
- Full Curriculum Vitae.
- A formal and complete list of merits.
- A brief outline of potential teaching, research, management projects.
- Three letters of recommendations from independent experts with contact details (from universities and/or sports organisations).
- Salary expectations.
International Biathlon Union
5081 Anif b. Salzburg, Austria