BIRKENSTOCK is a global footwear brand that stands for quality, function and all-round well-being. The historic roots of this long-standing family-run company can be traced back to the year 1774. Nowadays, the product portfolio comprises sandals and closed shoes, accessories, natural cosmetics as well as beds and sleep systems. With more than 5,500 employees, BIRKENSTOCK is the German shoe industry’s largest employer. BIRKENSTOCK has sixteen locations in Germany, with privately owned distribution companies in Europe, Asia and the USA.
For our Product Creation division at our location in Cologne, we are looking for an
Innovation Manager (m/f/d) Footwear
- You will pioneer tomorrow’s technical product solutions for footwear with a special focus on new constructions and components in the orthopedic and functional product segment.
- In doing so, you will work closely with the development team to implement new technologies and solutions from concept to bulk-production.
- You are keen to satisfy your natural curiosity and to keep your knowledge about biomechanical and orthopedic needs up to date.
- With the seasonal calendar as a frame of reference, you integrate completely new product developments into the seasonal cycle.
- Also, you will build up a portfolio of various functional innovation projects, manage and drive their progress tightly, and enable smooth and constant hand-offs from the innovation stage to seasonal process.
- Your project management skills are holistic and hands-on, you manage your projects independently, keep an eye on the resources and activate them as needed.
Required skills, experience, background:
- University degree in sport sciences, biomechanics, design and/or product management
- Several years of experience in managing complex innovation projects in the field of orthopedic products, and/or biomechanics
- Know-how in footwear manufacturing methods, construction, and materials
- Basic knowledge about orthopedic and biomechanic principles
- Fit in MS Office
- Excellent command of German and English and the ability to formulate and communicate complex ideas and concepts precisely as well as concisely
- Curious, technically creative and very disciplined
- Experienced project manager, networker and teamplayer with the ability to inspire others
- Willingness to travel
BIRKENSTOCK offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast growing, global company: dynamic work environment, considerable design freedom, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities. Sounds exciting? It is. We are looking forward to receiving your online application, stating your salary expectations via www.birkenstock-group.com/careers!
If you have any further questions, please contact Chloé Gouysse (+49 175 209 46 88).
Birkenstock Group B.V. & Co. KG
Burg Ockenfels • 53545 Linz am Rhein • Germany