The Senior Expert Urban Mobility (m/f/d) is responsible for all mobility obligations of the UEFA EURO 2024. He*She is the main point of contact for all UEFA EURO 2024 tournament mobility related topics, as well as in charge of the day-to-day business. The role also includes to coordinate numerous public authorities and private stakeholders, at both the local and national level.
Starting date: 01.01.2022 (or earlier)
LIST OF RELEVANT TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring that the Host Cities and Federal bodies deliver their Mobility obligations in the context of UEFA EURO 2024.
- Establishing the relevant communication lines with National and Host City Authorities.
- Monitoring and supporting the Host City and Federal Mobility Concepts planning, implementation and delivery.
- Supervising the activities of local and national authorities in accordance with the mobility provisions of the host city programme.
- Ensuring that the set Event Social Responsibility objectives are met in mobility area.
- Coordinating with other EURO 2024 GmbH units (e.g. Security, Venue Operations, Event Transport, etc..) and liaising with UEFA’s Mobility Expert Team at Nyon Headquarter.
- Monitoring the project progress up to the Tournament and reviewing the technical aspects of the Mobility plan and escalating issues to the relevant stakeholders – if needed.
- Conducting any visits and coordinating preparation and follow-up activities, as required.
- Establishing and maintaining up-to-date the project tracker.
- Ensuring efficient coordination with all aviation and airport activities.
- Providing regular updates on project progress and risk assessments.
- Leading the different mobility coordination working groups along with the relevant authorities.
- Overseeing the Mobility project in line with EURO 2024 GmbH’s milestones.
- Following up on project planning and ensuring correct reporting.
- Ensuring the project remains within the approved budgets.
- University Degree or equivalent
- Project Management
- 6-8 years experience as a transport engineer with a consulting background
- Experience in public administration
- Good knowledge about urban mobility, operational planning, traffic management, transport impact assessment, transport and travel information systems
SET OF SKILLS
- Project management
- German (mother tongue)
- English (proficient)
- Any other language an asset
- Computer-literate: Office 365 (esp. Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Strong Human Resources skills
In 2024, Germany will host the 17th edition of the UEFA European Football Championship. Staging the biggest European sports event provides a unique opportunity for UEFA and DFB to jointly organise a celebration of the best of European Football, on the basis of excellence, sustainability, and passion. This flagship championship aspires to be a role model for other UEFA competitions, as well as leaving strong legacy for the future of European football. EURO 2024 GmbH, joint venture organisation between UEFA Events SA and DFB EURO GmbH, is responsible for the operational planning and implementation of the tournament.
The EURO 2024 GmbH values diversity and strives to be inclusive in everything we do . We aim for everyone to have equal access to our organisation regardless of sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, nationality or any other personal trait. If you have any particular requirements in respect to the recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your covering letter so that we can ensure adaptions are made when there are barriers identified.
Apply for this position: https://euro2024.jobs.personio.de/job/458195?_pc=500706#apply
EURO 2024 GmbH
60528 Frankfurt am Main